As a participant in time management and personal training seminars, I've learned a lot about myself. One of the purposes of these seminars to to help you decide "What is my reason for being?"
By deciding what my marks of success are, I've come up with a mission statement, not only for my business, but for my life. In order for me to be a success, I need to reach the following goals:
- to show the love of Christ to everyone I meet
- to make my clients as successful as possible
- to be honest in all my dealings with others
- to be able to spend quality time with my husband, children and other family members
- to be my best everyday
- to be thankful in all things
My faith is a very important part of who I am. I'm a Christian, first and foremost. God is the senior partner in my business, so there are some things I can not do.
- I cannot design or assist in designing certain types of websites, books or marketing pieces: pornographic, illegal software, or hate sites
- I cannot design or assist in designing sites, books or advertising that teaches against Christianity
- I cannot deny my faith or make decisions that will disagree with the teachings of my faith
I'm not going to push my beliefs on others, and I'm not going to refuse service to someone because of their beliefs or faith. But if my faith offends someone, or they want me to put it aside, then I can't do business with them. It's that plain and simple. I respect anyone who stands up for what they believe, even if I don't agree with it. I'd much rather do business with someone who's got the strength to stand, rather than someone who's more concerned about what others think.
I'm going to treat you with respect, whether you own a huge multi-branch business, or run a simple one person operation. I work as a "small" business myself (the only thing small about my business is my office). I understand how the "small" business owner feels. Every penny must be accounted for. I want you to know that I'm going to be working for you, giving you the same treatment I would expect for myself.